For all information requests, please contact Debbie Cabana at +1 514 987-1616, ext. 4662 or Debbie.Cabana@
For more information on the destinations and products offered by our tour operators, click here.
Air Transat inaugurates new Halifax-Fort Lauderdale, Fredericton-Punta Cana and Fredericton-Puerto Plata flights
Montreal, March 6, 2017 – This week, Air Transat is proud to inaugurate three new flights: Halifax-Fort Lauderdale, Fredericton-Punta Cana and Fredericton-Puerto Plata.
These direct flights will be offered until mid-May 2017:
- Halifax-Fort Lauderdale (Florida) - Every Saturday from March 4 to May 6
- Fredericton-Punta Cana (Dominican Republic) - Every Wednesday from March 8 to May 10
- Fredericton-Puerto Plata (Dominican Republic) - Every Wednesday from March 8 to May 10
Air Transat’s 2017 flight program offers travellers from Atlantic Canada nine Sun destinations by direct flight:
- 10 destinations from Halifax: Cayo Coco, Cayo Santa Maria, Holguin, Varadero, Puerto Plata, Punta Cana, Montego Bay, Cancun/Riviera Maya, Orlando and Fort Lauderdale
- Four destinations from Moncton: Varadero, Punta Cana, Cancun/Riviera Maya and Orlando
- Two destinations from St. John’s: Punta Cana and Orlando
- Two destinations from Fredericton: Punta Cana and Puerto Plata
Passengers flying down south this spring will enjoy an incomparable travel experience with Air Transat, voted Best North American Leisure Airline by Skytrax.
For a complete list of flights, visit airtransat.com.
About Air Transat
Air Transat is Canada’s number one holiday travel airline in the Canadian and transatlantic markets. Every year, it carries some three million passengers to approximately 60 destinations in 26 countries. Based in Montreal, the company employs more than 2,500 people and operates a fleet of Boeing narrow-body and Airbus wide-body jets. In 2016, Air Transat was named Best North American Leisure Airline for the fifth consecutive year by Skytrax. In recent years, the carrier has earned multiple distinctions for its efforts to reduce its environmental footprint. Since 2011, it has consistently been ranked number one in North America for energy efficiency, and in the Top 20 worldwide, by the Atmosfair Airline Index. Air Transat is a business unit of Transat A.T. Inc., a leading integrated international tourism company active in air transportation, accommodation, travel packaging and distribution. Transat was awarded Travelife Partner status in 2016 in recognition of its commitment to sustainable development. The vacation travel companion par excellence, Transat celebrates its 30th anniversary in 2017.
For further information: Caroline Gagnon, Public Relations and Marketing Advisor, Transat Tours Canada - 514-987-1616, ext. 4662